This is what happens when I buy a new spice - I go hunting for fun ways to use it! This is another Recipezaar offering, and it gave me an excuse to use more of the caraway seeds I just bought. I cut down the quantities of apples and onions after reading some of the comments on the recipe, and made this a 4-serving dish to fit the size of our family. But it's easy enough to shrink or expand the recipe to meet your own needs!
Caraway Pork Chops
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 apples, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp caraway seeds
4 pork chops
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
2. Layer onions and apples in the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
3. Drizzle honey on top and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon caraway seeds.
4. Prepare chops by sprinkling them with garlic salt and pepper and spreading mustard on them.
5. Place chops on apples and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon caraway seeds.
6. Cover and bake 1 hour.
Onion - $0.20
Apples - $0.30
Pork Chops - $3.60
Honey, seasoning, garlic - appx $0.30
Grand Total - $4.40, or $1.10 per serving